BREAKING: 4 Marines Killed in Attacks on 2 Chattanooga Military Centers


Five people are confirmed dead, including four Marines and the sole gunman, following shooting at two separate military installations in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

A local police officer was also shot and wounded, suffering non-life threatening injuries.

Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke confirmed the deaths at a news conference today, and the U.S. District Attorney stated that it will be investigated as an act of domestic terrorism.

Fox News chief intelligence correspondent Catherine Herridge stated that she felt is was “highly unusual” for the FBI to have already taken the lead in the investigation, and already have hundred of  federal agents on scene.

She also stated that officials have confirmed that the man responsible was not in the military, nor did he have any ties to his victims.


Here’s what Shepard Smith reported (video above) about the events that unfolded:

The shooting began at around 11 a.m. at U.S. Naval Recruiting on Lee Highway, where a white male suspect is believed to have fired in rapid succession for a period of minutes, then sped away in a silver Mustang.

Smith said the suspect then drove about seven minutes to the U.S. Naval Reserve Center on Amnicola Highway. That’s where it’s believed that a police officer and four Marines were shot.

A Chattanooga Times Free Press reporter heard two shots fired in the nearby woods, where it’s believed that the shooter was taken down.

The officer involved in the shooting is in stable condition.

Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke called the shooting “a very terrible situation.”

A woman who says she witnessed the Chattanooga shooting told the Associated Press that she heard a barrage of gunfire.

“It was rapid fire, like pow pow pow pow, so quickly. The next thing I knew there were police cars coming from every direction,” said Marilyn Hutcheson, who works at a Binswanger Glass.


Hutcheson says she ran inside, where she remains with other employees and a customer. The gunfire continued with occasional bursts she estimated for 20 minutes.

“We’re apprehensive,” Hutcheson said. “Not knowing what transpired, if it was a grievance or terroristic related, we just don’t know.”

We will keep updating this article as we learn more….



About the Author

Patrick James
Patrick James
Patrick James has worked as a firefighter/EMT for several services throughout the years, as well as a custom metal fabricator, certified personal trainer and chef. Growing up in the rural suburbs of Detroit, it was during his frequent trips to Northern Michigan where he learned of his love for hunting and fishing. Spending several of his adult years in upstate South Carolina, his love of extreme sports took root in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains as he learned to rock climb and kayak. "Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and vanish into air." ~ John Quincy Adams